Florida Pain Medicine
Pain Management Physicians located in Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills, and Brandon, FL
The musculoskeletal system of the human body is highly integrated, which often means that a problem in one area can have a far-reaching effect in distant areas, such as your legs. Whether your pain is local or caused by an issue elsewhere, such as your spine, the doctors at Florida Pain Medicine help you diagnose and find relief for leg pain. If you live in Brandon, Wesley Chapel, Zephyrhills, Riverview, or Tampa, Florida, call to find out how to relieve leg pain or use the online scheduler to book an appointment.
Leg Pain Q & A
What are the Main Causes of Leg Pain?
When it comes to leg pain, more often than not, the source of your pain is one of two things:
- Local: By designating your pain as local, it means that the source of your discomfort resides in your leg. This pain can stem from a number of things, such as -
- A fracture
- A muscle pull or tear
- Knee or ankle issues
- Claudication, which is a circulation issue
- Spine: Your lumbar spine, or low back, is where the nerves in your legs originate, so often the pain you feel in your legs comes from a problem in your spine that’s affecting the nerve root and radiating out through your legs. This is often tied to -
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated disc
What are the Types of Leg Pain?
While the answer to this question may seem obvious — pain is pain, after all — the type, location, and occurrence of your leg pain gives your doctor valuable diagnostic information. With that in mind, leg pain can be:
- Constant and nagging
- Acute with certain movements
- Accompanied by numbness, tingling, and weakness
These symptoms, along with a review of your medical history and diagnostic imaging, gives your doctor the information they need to treat your leg pain.
How is Leg Pain Treated?
At Florida Pain Medicine, the first order of business is finding a treatment that works to relieve your pain. In the case of your legs, and depending upon the source of your pain, your doctor may turn to one or more of the following treatments:
- Lumbar epidural injections
- Selective lumbar epidural and root blocks
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Lumbar facet injections and medial branch blocks
Thanks to the wide array of options, your doctor is able to choose an appropriate treatment that best meets your goals. Should your pain resist treatment, rest assured that they work with you until your leg pain is resolved.
If your quality of life is impacted by leg pain, call Florida Pain Medicine, or schedule a consultation using the online booking tool.
Pain Management Services
Arthritis Managementmore info
Auto Injurymore info
Back Painmore info
Cancer Pain Managementmore info
Chronic Painmore info
Epidural Injectionmore info
Hand & Wrist Painmore info
Hip Painmore info
Joint Painmore info
Knee Painmore info
Leg Painmore info
Medication Managementmore info
Neck Painmore info
Nerve Blockmore info
Nerve Injuriesmore info
Platelet Rich Plasma Injectionsmore info
Radiofrequency Ablationmore info
Regenerative Medicinemore info
Root Blocksmore info
Spinal Cord Stimulationmore info
Sports Injuriesmore info
Work Related Injuriesmore info